Friday, August 9, 2013

WHY?!

Why does life with  Teenage Drama Queen have to be so difficult?
We have been trying for months to get Princess Shaney into a different
Jr. High. We found out yesterday that it was finally approved.
So this morning I called over to find out what we needed to do to get her
registered and get a class schedule. They said we would have to wait until
we got our letter from the district before we could get her enrolled and
registered. I knew it would be in the mail today, but we wouldn't be able to get there before they left for the day so I told them we would be in on Monday.
And then we have hair appointments Monday afternoon.
 Her friend (Princess T.) and her family were going to California today and Princess Shaney asked me Wednesday night if she could go with them. I told her
if they weren't  going to be back by Monday, then she couldn't go. Yesterday,
she told me Princess T's mom was going to call and talk to me about it. Nothing
more was said about until about 3:30 this afternoon. She asked again if she could go and told me they weren't coming home until Thursday. So, I told her no.
We have an appointment at the school & salon on Monday and she has her
counseling on Wednesday. OMG! You would have thought it was the end of the
world.
She starts in on how I treat her like a baby all the time and I don't trust her anymore and I never let her do anything, and on. and on. and on....
I'm like, seriously, please tell me you are not going to do this again!
This went on about 1/2 an hour and then it was like done... Nothing more has
been said.
Usually, she is really quite good about things when I tell her "no", but when it is
something she wants super bad then it turns into major drama. Luckily, in the almost 2 months since she has come home from the treatment center, this is only
the second time she has done this, the first time was about 5 days after she came
home. So, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Or maybe that is why I do complain, because it doesn't happen very much and when it does, it just hits
everyone wrong and then no-one is happy for a few hours after it ends.
But, can I just say how happy I am that I did not give in!!! Yippie for me! I am getting excited that I am not being her door mat anymore! And I am learning to
pick my battles and I think she is learning that and that is why the drama only lasts a 1/2 now and not hours like it did before.
Until We Meet Again! Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment