Friday, January 3, 2014

Rough Day

Today was a pretty rough day. Counseling with Princess Shaney.
Last week I told Counselor that I just can not see any changes in her and
feel like she isn't getting any better. He told me, no, she has been making 
huge improvements. 
A lot of things have gone during the week from last session until today's
session. She spent New Year's Eve at her dad's with some of her friends.
She had sent a text to one of her other friends saying how they were all hanging
out and talking about depression with her dad. The next day I talked to her dad
and asked him what was going on. He told me that they just talked about
everything that is going on with her, how she was feeling, what her thoughts
are, and stuff like that. So, Thursday I tried to talk to her and she just shut me
out like she usually does. I proceeded to tell her how I feel. I told her that I feel
like she doesn't want anything to do with me; that she she hates me for some
reason I have no idea, why. And for someone who tells everyone how much
she hates her dad, why would he be the one she opens up to and tells everyone
to.
So, at counseling today, Counselor asked how things were going and I told him
I still feel the same way as I did last week and still feeling like nothing has 
changed. So he had me come in with her and talk about some things. He got to
see how she really treats me when I try to talk to her. Her asked her why she is so
mad at me and she told him, she didn't know. She told him that she  just wants
her life back and to be able to have more privacy. He asked her if she has earned
that right, yet. She said she didn't know. He told her he didn't think that she had.
But I had told her on the drive to counseling that I was going to back off a little
bit with reading her texts and Facebook messages, because I am finding out
more than I want to know, with some things.
Now, I need to figure out what I am going to do. My choices are, letting her
move in with her dad and let her have her life back and let him deal with everything. Or finding some place else to move to where she is closer to her
friends. Because she doesn't like bringing them to our house and they all live up
by her dad, which is about 10-15 miles from our house.
Guess we'll just have to see what happens.
Til We Meet Again! Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment