Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Little Taste of Home

Good Sunday everyone. Hope all is well and you have had an enjoyable weekend. My weekend has been busy and fun. We had a family reunion yesterday. My 12 year old is getting ready to head to girls camp in the morning (for 5 days). I hope she can handle it. She has such a hard time being a way from home, she can't stay all night across the street.
Last night while I was watching NASCAR on t.v. I was going through some photos on my laptop and decided that I would share some of them with you all. Photography is one of my biggest passions. These photographs are from '09, but they are still some of my most favorite of some places here in Uta  
 

                                                 Provo River, Provo Canyon


This is one of my most favorite pictures. I was out doing photos for a class assignment. I turned onto a dirt road and decided I liked this view. When I got home and started downloading them onto my computer, I feel in love with this. The one thing about my photos is, all natural; NO photoshop! I have had such a hard time learning photoshop, that I never use.  



                                          Creek at Sundance Ski Resort

I have a big thing with photographing water. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe it is because it is so calming and peaceful. We have a creek that runs through our property and I love being out there with my camera. It is just so relaxing. When I am having a stressful day, I grab my camera, put on my waders and head out to our creek. I try to do it without the childens, but it doesn't always work.





This is one of my favorites, also. I am not sure where I took this one, other than it was also up Provo Canyon. But I love the snowy mountain in the back ground and the fall colors in the fore ground. Typical Utah.




                                                Back side of Timpanogos

This one was taken the same day and actually standing in the same spot as I was when I took the picture of the Provo River (the first pic posted), other than I just shifted my focus about 90 degrees. That is one of my favorite things about Utah; You look one way and you have beautiful fall colors and a glassy river. Then you turn the opposite direction and you have huge snow covered mountain ranges with rolling hills at the base.

Hope you enjoyed a little taste of home. Have a great day and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment