Friday, June 8, 2012

Letter to my Daughter

23 years ago today, you came into my life way too early! You came into this world at 24 weeks, weighing only 1lb. 4 oz. and only 13 inches long! You came out fighting and have been fighting ever since. Everyday was a challenge for us.
On July 24, 1989, you were almost 7 weeks old. That was the first time I finally got to hold your tiny body in my arms. One week later, you got a grade 4 brain bleed and we thought we would loose you. But you survived. Two weeks after that you got a yeast infection. You had to be on very strong antibiotics, that is what caused your hearing lose. Being born so early caused you vision lose, because your eyes were not fully developed. After 4 1/2 long months, we finally got to bring you home!
In the past 23 years, we have got to see grow and thrive. Everyday, I have become more and more amazed with you and what a blessing it is to have you in our lives.
I just want you to know how much I love you and how thankful I am that you are my Princess Daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment