Sunday, November 18, 2012

MIA-Long Enough


I cannot believe that I have not made a post since June! Sooo much has happened since that last post.

*Princess Daughter's grandmother's home burnt down 4 days after that last post and her (Princess Daughter's) 2 year old cousin passed away in the fire.

* The first weekend in July, my 26 year old nephew had a stroke! He doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs. He is a firefighter so he was in pretty good shape.
He was in the hospital about 6 weeks before he was released and could continue with out patient physical therapy. On August 12 we had a HUGE party to celebrate his 27 birthday! He has since returned back to work full time and you can not even tell anything ever happened.

*On October 4, Princess Daughter's grandmother passed away. She had never fully recovered from the fire.

*On October 19, my friend's dad passed away. That was really hard on me. I hadn't seen him in 9 months. He called me 2 weeks prior to his passing to let me know he had been diagnosed with Leukemia. I told him I would be over the next day to visit him. But the princes & princesses had all been sick so I kept putting it off because I didn't want to take germs to him.
No one told me it was stage 4 and there was nothing to be done. On the 19 his daughter called me and let me know he had passed. I had never made it to see him.

I am glad that we have started getting back to normal around here and now that you are all caught up. Hopefully I can be here more regularly.
Til we met again! Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment