Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Another Re-do


I got this bench about 3 years ago from my parents. They had had it for probably about 10 years. They were going to take it to the dump and I told them, no! I want it! So, I brought it home and it has been out in the weather for 3 years.
The boards were all breaking and my dad had bought some new ones to replace the old but never got around to putting them on. About a month ago, I decided it was time to get it cleaned up.
But, I decided I was going to put all new boards on it (does that still count as a re-do). I went to the Home Depot and bought the boards, brought them home had Mr. Hubs cut them down and then I sanded them. Princess Shaney and I went to Wal-mart to find some paint. I couldn't decide what color so she picked out a pink salmon. We came home, I painted the boards black and then the next day we painted them the pink. It was just the right shade for the black to show through without too much sanding.
And this is the finished project!


Isn't she pretty? I just love how she turned out and is the perfect color!
Hope you all have a great day!
Until We Meet Again! Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment