Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Totally Insane Couple of Days!

Have had a lot going on yesterday and today. On Saturday, daughter #1 complained all day she didn't feel good. As the late afternoon/evening went on, she told me her whole body hurt. At around 9 pm, I gave her one regular Tylenol and sent her to bed. The other kids had gone to there dad's house so I told the hubs I was sleeping in one of the other beds so I could be closer to her if she needed me.
At about 5 am yesterday morning, she got up to get a drink of water, she went in the kitchen and came back to go to the bathroom. I was just laying in bed waiting for her to go to go back to her room when all of a sudden I heard this huge thud! I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. The door was closed and I had to push it open to get in. She was on the floor leaning up against the wall behind the door, out cold! I shook her and she came to. She was white as a ghost and clammy. I helped her up and into the other room and had her lay down on the floor, I went back in to yell at the hubs to come help me. When the hubs got upstairs, I told him what happened and that I needed to take her to the hospital. He went and got the car started, I got dressed and found her some shoes to wear and then he helped me get her to the car.
When we got to the er, it was nice, we were the only ones there (so we didn't have to wait). They took her into a room, the first thing they did was an ekg. Then they drew some blood and got her some juice to drink. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in, the nurse had me fill out a medical history form. It took about a half hour-45 minutes to get results. The doctor came in and asked me if I had filled out the medical history form, I told him yes and that the nurse had given it to him, oh, yah, he said. Then he left the room. He came back and said everything looked good she was just dehydrated. They did a bag of iv fluid and sent us home.
This morning I called our doctor and got her in to see him. When we got there, I told him what had happened the day before and he asked me what the er had done. I told him drew blood & iv fluids. He said, "no ekg?" me: Oh yah, they did that. doc: what were the results on everything? me: normal I guess, they said labs were normal, but nothing about the ekg, so I assume it was normal.
So, he had his nurse get all the results from the hospital and he went and seen another patient. About 10 minutes later, he came in and said, "none of these tests are normal!" The ekg she had showed a "borderline" problem that could have been the cause of her passing out. So, he wanted a second opinion and called and got her an appointment with a cardiologist for Friday morning! And her blood work had a couple of things that he didn't like.
So, that is how my weekend went and now I don't dare leave her alone. I sleep in her room, I check on her every 5 minutes when she is in the tub. I really hope the cardiologist can tell us something good on Friday when we see him.
Hope you all had a good weekend and come back soon.
Til we meet again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment