Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SNOW! Finally!

Today, this is what we woke up to! Ah, finally! 



This is from my front porch, looking to my nieghbor's


We haven't had hardly any snow this year. So, when it finally started snowing yesterday afternoon, we were all so excited, except for the hubs. He hates when it snows.
The hubs works at a local school district and when it snows, he has to go "play" in the snow and have the schools ready for students the next morning. So, last night he left about 11:30 and got home a little after 4 this morning. Just as he was dosing off, I rolled over and smacked him and said, "oh my gosh! Happy birthday!" He's like seriously, you woke me up for that? I said, yah, I might forget later.
So, he turned the big 58 today! That is just so crazy! Where he worked last night & didn't get much sleep, we didn't celebrate, we don't celebrate our birthdays cause they are just another day, but we do celebrate the kids' birthdays. So, we just hung out at home and had dinner and going to bed early!
Speaking of dinner, the oldest boy cooked!!! I had started dinner & was doing dishes while the hamburger was browning, and he came in and finished it! It was just sloppy joe's, but he cooked it! It's hard to get him to do much, especially cooking. But he did it and I didn't even have to ask him! He just kind of surprises me some times!
Well, that is about all for today. Talk soon!
Til we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment